HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 22- Team "Mud, Blood and Tears" Official Thread
Old 10-24-2006, 05:58 AM
StumpJ

Default RE: 22- Team "Mud, Blood and Tears" Official Thread

Oh I'm happy, very happy with this trophy.

Sunday afternoon my landowner calls and tells me that they are taking the corn out, I always like to be there when they pick the corn just to see what comes out of hiding. He tells me that he is on stand and has already seen several nice deer. I'm mad as heck because I can't get out there because I have to go to dinner with some people. I get over it and figure I'll just go out in the morning to see what is walking around.

Monday morning I get out in the stand at around 7:00 and in no time at all I am seeing deer out in the freshly picked field, mostly does and small bucks. Temperature is in the low 30s and the wind is making it brutally cold, I wasn't ready for that, no where near enough clothes on. At about 9:30 I'm considering giving it up for the morning and just coming back better prepared later in the day. A little bit later on I hear steps out in the field to my right but a tree is in my way and I have to wait around until these two does walk past the tree and out into the open. I grab the rangefinder and it tells me 39 yards, no problem, I have this shot down pat. I draw back and put my third pin on the lower half of the bigger does chest cavity and then I hear something else walking around below me under the tree blocking my sight to my right. With my bow still drawn, I give a little peek down to see what is down there and to my suprise it was this big bodied buck. He was five yards from my tree and quarteringto me. I let him walk far enough past mytree to give me a quartering away shot, which made it a seven yard shot. I quickly move my bow toward the buck, put my top pin high right past his shoulder to make sure I get the close lung high and the farther lung low. I squeeze the trigger and he runs 60 yards to a small finger of woods and lays there and dies.

I couldn't be happier, even if the previouspicture doesn't show it.

'05 BowTech Old Glory, Easton Axis Full Metal Jackets, G5 Montecs, this deer never knew what hit him.