HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - More Hunt club members needed (N/Central VA)
Old 10-23-2006, 02:51 PM
eng40sqd
Fork Horn

Default RE: More Hunt club members needed (N/Central VA)

Maybe I need to join out there... 3 of us only saw 36 on opening afternoon in all that rain.. and we saw a total of 22 this past saturday afternoon plus two flocks of turkeys and one of the biggest yotes I have seen in years.. maybe my life.. if he would have only been about 15 yards closer I would be showing you pics of him right now lol...

DMAP is the way to go.. dcap is ok for urban areas but you get out into the sticks some and dmap works much better. We are DMAP enrolled on the 1450 acre tract and the two additional leases we have the option on starting next year (768 acres, and 3890 acres with the possibility of additional adjoining land) are enrolled in dmap right now and we will continue that if we decide to lease them.

The 1450 acre tract was in dmao for the last 4 years and has been under antler restriction for as long as well.. the adjoining land to this tract is also managed for antler size is well....

IF you are lucky enough to get your neighbors up there to fall into the anlter restrictions on their land then sounds like you might have a little honey hole up in the hills Brad..

ANyway sounds like you guys are heading in the right direction.. if you need any info for who has the better insurance for less or anything like that let me know I can probably point you in the right direction....