HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Downed deer gets resurrected...
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 04:23 PM
pahntr760
Fork Horn

Default RE: Downed deer gets resurrected...

I hit a deer one year at 300 yds. with my .308 and 150 gr core-lokt bullet. I knew i hit her as soon as I pulled the trigger and saw her jump straight up and take off running as soon as her feet hit the ground. My dad, long time hunting partner, and I decided to give her about 30 minutes before we went to track her. When we got to the site of impact, we found a large tuft of hair and a decent blood trail. We followed it into the woods and heard her jump up. After locating the area she ways laying at, i knew for sure she wouldn't be far past the blackberry patch we were in. Well we kept tracking her for about another 1/2 mile and the blood trail kept getting thinner and thinner until it lead to a seriously thick area. We were about to follow it around when we heard a shot. We followed after a while to the area of the shot and found a hunter dressing out a nice fat doe. He hit her directly through the heart and dropped her in the spot. I noticed she had another bullet hole approx 2" down from her backbone and just back of the lungs. I did get another doe later that day, but it just shows you how hearty these creatures are!