HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Am I being unfair??? (long story)
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Killer_Primate
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Am I being unfair??? (long story)

Chestnuts,
You have stated that you're new to hunting. What you're seeing here is not going to change. There are a lot of people who love to hunt. All these people are different. You seem to have expected this guy to help you get your first deer. He seems to have had a different agenda. That doesn't make him a bad guy in my book. It sounds to me like you two didn't comunicate your goals. If you keep hunting, you're going to find that you probably won't like to hunt with many people and none will be just like you. They will either want to at different times, or they'll be late, they may break some rules, have different ethics, not be where they said they'd be and so on.
Either way, if you don't like hunting with this guy, don't go with him. Find someone else or do it by yourself.
And I'm not trying to be mean, but you should consider dropping some weight. I can't imagine how hunting can be fun if you're 300lbs. My hunting consists of a lot of walking, climbing and dragging dead deer through the woods. If you're not in good shape, you probably won't enjoy doing this type of activity.