HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Am I being unfair??? (long story)
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 08:15 AM
davidmil
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Am I being unfair??? (long story)

Hell no you're not wrong. I'd want to fill my own tags .... period. I certainly don't want hiim filling my tag based on a promise of giving a deer to someone else. I think you maybe didn't explain it right to him. YOU want to fill your own tags or have it go to waste if you fail. If he fills your tag your year is done and you can't go hunting. No you're not wrong. I take it that Kansas lets someone fill someone elses tag???? If not, what he's suggesting is illegal too. The only place where I think you're out of line is suggesting he NOT shoot so you might get an extra chance. If somone hasn't gotten a deer I give them all the best spots and all the help I can. BUT, if I'm sitting in a tree by myself and decide to shoot, it's not to take something from you but to give myself a chance. You're both out there to succeed. Don't begrudge him that. BUT, you're first deer hasn't happened. Fill your own tag and tell him that's how it'll be. You're sorry, but you want to become the arrow.... not the extra tag for someone else.