HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HOT, GKF 2003 line-up!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2002, 11:20 AM
Len in Maryland

Default RE: HOT, GKF 2003 line-up!!!!

Gary: You seem like a reasonable person so I'd like to offer some clarifying remarks.

Counterpoint 1: Some of the problems I encountered were when the Rep first showed me the product. We actually called the factory and they said they were correcting those problems as we spoke. Other testing I did was soon after the product came to market. Some of the issues that I addressed were corrected by GFK; but, others were somewhat 'blown off'. I don't want to get into the reasons; but, let's just say that the change may have proved to be too extensive at the time. There is a point in design/manufacturing when you have to cut the umbilical cord. Finally, the testing I did was not 'opinionated', but based on comparative analysis to like products and structured test criteria.

Counterpoint 2: None. Point taken and accepted.

Counterpoint 3: None. Thanks for the clarification.

Counterpoint 4: Being a shop owner really means that I have a relationship with every manufacturer at one time or another. It is my job to evaluate various products and to past my evaluations along to my customers when they ask for them. Yes, I may appear to be 'pro MZE' because I have found it to be a great hunting rest. The popularity of the MZE and the positive feedback that we get is proof. I do, however, try to help companies improve their products by giving them feedback from my testing and providing field reports from my customers. I won't say "X is better than Y" either. I have never said that Muzzy is better than GKF or vise versa. That would be absurd. I will, however, share my test data with customers/people who ask. I will also temper some of that data in hopes that it does not come across as too curse. In the case in point, it seems that no matter what I said, the "Brotherhood" would take extreme offense to it. And, I'll say it AGAIN, GKF makes some fine products and I carry most of them on my shelves. As far as the MZE, you should note that I posted a new topic with some corrective action comments about the MZE. This was done prior to me reading your post and should indicate that I try to maintain an unbiased approach to products.

There are no ill feelings on this end. I would be glad to meet you at the AMO Show and chat a while. It would probably be easier for you to look me up. I'll be giving two seminars - one on Friday morning and another on Saturday morning. Please take the time to look me up.

And thanks for some understanding in this matter. Good shooting.