HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HOT, GKF 2003 line-up!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2002, 10:35 AM
Looking4Xs

Default RE: HOT, GKF 2003 line-up!!!!

Hi Len

Thanks for your reply.. I'd like to re address some of what you have written.

POINT 1:
In your words "Let me explain to you that I seem to be in the center of this turmoil because I tested the Mirage and found, IMO, design flaws which I also attribute to inadequate testing in an attempt to rush a product to the market. Therefore, I must disagree with you when you stated "GKF wouldn't put their name behind something which isn't fully tested in all conditions"... now I would like to say... the testing you did and any faults found were 'In your opinion', ok thats not a problem... but also every manufacturer will continue a process of refinments to products..I know as I've been involved with R&D for many years, and not just in archery.

POINT 2:
Since visuals of their products seem to be a secret, how does someone so far away get so intimately involved. Again, where are the facts/pictures?... what has my location got to do with anything? ... I get to test and work with companies sometime because I live away from prying eyes... also sorry but any pictures/fact I may or may not have are not for release, sorry its that R&D issue again.. thats GKF's job

POINT 3:
." The difference between us is that I DO NOT have any sponsors. If you checked to find out that "... Moonge and Cornfed do not nor have not worked for GKF..", then should we understand that you have an intimate relationship with GKF and that probably they are one of your sponsors?... Yes I'm sponsored by GKF to name but one...yes I do have a good working relationship with my sponsors...all of them...and I have made checks prior to that statement.

POINT 4:
I AM NOT associated in any way with Muzzy. I am not a shooter like you, but a humble shop owner who strives to get a better understanding of available products. I have tested the Muzzy product extensively and, like I previously stated, prodded Muzzy about some minor improvements that I would like to see. I made comments about the faults that I found in the GKF Mirage rest (and only that rest because many of their rests are excellent) and got nothing but flack because there are some in the "GKF Brotherhood" who took offense.... sorry but I maybe wrong... being a shop owner does mean that you are associated and from what I have been able to tell you are very pro Muzzy.... I have no problem with that... I'm pro GKF...so we are alike But even though I am pro 'X' company I still realise that most is subjective reasoning and personal... thats why I won't say X is better that Y, each has its own merits.

I'm in this sport as I love it, not to make money though I wish I could.... so lets not start any ill feelings anywhere...life is just too short and if you're at the AMO or Vegas..look me up and we'll have a chat and a beer.

Shoot well

Gary
UK Magnock Pro Team Manager and Member
http://www.magnock.com