HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HOT, GKF 2003 line-up!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2002, 10:13 PM
Len in Maryland

Default RE: HOT, GKF 2003 line-up!!!!

IL-Cornfed: Please, let's get the facts straight. I did not nor would I "rag" on GKF or any other company. I merely state the facts as I see them and that is usually based on extensive tests. Also, I did NOT slam GKF. I merely stated that the information that you were trying so eloquently to transmit in your post was not correct. I stated that your post sounds like an 'infomercial' and that's my personal opinion to which I'm entitled. Neither did I slam GKF or rag on that company. What I did was question comments made by you.

You have every right to "post(ed) on all the boards" and I have the right to post where I see incorrect information and offer opinions based on whatever test data that I have gathered. Your accusations again fail to relate the numerous times that I've stated how good a company GKF is and how I rely on them for those products. I checked my stock tonight before I posted to determine where they stand in my selection of rests. FYI, I have 24 of their rests in stock, 35 NAP products, 22 Bodoodle rests, 28 HHA rests and 19 MZE's. There are also about 4 other manufactures rests that we stock that total about 25 more. The fact that I found major faults with the GKF Mirage rest really put us on different sides of the issue, even though I praise GKF's other products. I think this is very narrow-minded of you and some others.

Then you questioned my dedication. Let me set you straight about my 'dedication' - it is to my customers. My customers rely on me not to be a parrot for any company and to test the products myself so that they get the 'straight scoop'. They know that I will not just say something is 'this or that' but will prove it with data and/or examples. As I have said in our other discussions on the other forum, I have prodded Muzzy quite a few times about their product and pointed out areas where I felt it could be improved. I am not 'loyal' to Muzzy or any other company and I certainly resent your implications. You should be very careful about making implications that are false because you could be called upon to present facts about such implications.

My posts are NOT "anti-GFK" nor are they pro-Muzzy. For you to insinuate otherwise is without basis or understanding of what is being iterated. I could reverse your positional statements on this subject and many would surely be astounded by the outcome.

Moonge: You are wrong about "almost any fall away is bow driven in some way shape or form." The use of a cable or string is to elevate the rest. The rest is then pulled down by a spring which is NOT bow driven. Admittedly it is a "mechanical process"; but, that process is completely independent of the action of the bow with the exception that the cable or string is relaxed to allow the spring action to evolve. The action of the MZE cannot take place unless the cable guard moves and then the arm off the cable slide 'drives the arrow rest down. Get it? - "bow driven".

Muzzy bought the manufacturing rights to the rest design from Joe Angeloni. I know that Joe is still very much involved in any design changes and I'm sure still holds the patent. What is wrong with a workable design/manufacturing relationship? Muzzy has never tried to be secretive about this matter so I don't get your point.

NOTE: I do apologize to the forum and its members for getting a little firm on this post. The attacks made against my character are vicious, unfounded, and totally erroneous.