HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - CO. 1st Elk rifle this sat.
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 03:18 PM
Texasimport

Default RE: CO. 1st Elk rifle this sat.

Well. . .was pretty enjoyable. . . .dragged my 26Ft toyhauler up a goat trail to 9800 ftand make camp in the snow. The new Dodge 2500 mega cab Diesel 4X4 stick, showed its stuff well. Had to go pretty slow though as to not kill the trailer. My third dodge CTD would never own anything else. First4x4 though.

It figures I moved too late from Texas for a chance toget a tag fora Bull so over the counter cow it was. I walk my A$$ off for three days and see not one cow. But to add insult to injury I see nine differnt Bulls, one trophy to far off to stalkand anothera nice trophy, a 12pt which was only about 1000 yards out so in I came and got up to a 200yards or so before I settled in and hoped the cows might be around. no such luck. . . [:@] It was this bulls lucky day that I had no tag. Perhaps my lucky day too for this was at 0900 monday and by noon quite the snow storm moved in. . .it would have been ugly humpin quarters for hours in the snow. As it was I dragged that trailer down one slippery snowy A$$ mountain just in time at 1PM.

Well maybe we go get another tag and try again. . . .