HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Please help me feel better about myself..looks like I missed one
Old 10-16-2006, 07:10 PM
White_Farm
Spike

Default Please help me feel better about myself..looks like I missed one

Called for about a half hour tonight while watching down a longtrail (225yds) that opens up to a field. Just before it was too dark, I had a coyote come running down the trail at me from the end. He jumped in the brush for a second and i couldn't see. I called againquick and he popped back out and started running straight at me again and when he got about 120-130 yards I took a shot at him straight on before he could jump in the brush again on either side of the trail. Well, from what i can tell I missed and he jumped off the trail right after I shot. I waited...called some more but it got too dark and I had to leave. I came back in the trail with a light and couldn't find any blood/hair so i'm assuming I missed.

Please reassure me that I don't suck. I'm pretty bummed having botched a perfect opportunity. Should I have waited till he was closer? I was pretty worried he would just jump into the brush off the trail and I'd never see him again so I shot whenI could.