HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 14- Team "Midwest Trophy Stalkers" Official Thread
Old 10-16-2006, 05:35 PM
clos21
Fork Horn

Default RE: 14- Team "Midwest Trophy Stalkers" Official Thread

We'll i harvested my first deer on 10/12 a doe. Funny how it can about i was at work that day and a couple of guys who have hunted since they where kid where talk about the place where i was hunting that for my first time hunting that i picked a hard place to hunt. And i thought they where right because i have been hunting the same spot since opening day. and nothing and i mean nothing at all. Till Thursday i went out after work and i got to my stand about 5:15 5:30 so I'm sitting there and I'm thinking to my self another night of nothing no movement. So I got my phone and started texting my girlfriend to tell her that I'm becoming one with nature since I have been sitting there looking at the trees move and the leafs fall while finishing my text to her I see a movement to my right a doe i slowly put me phone in my pocket and reach for my bow as i reached for my bow 2 more doe come into the clearing now that first doe came in and walked around and stood about 10yd from my stand while the other 2 where about 20yds from me. So i had to sit there for about 15 min because i didnt want to spook the other 2 because one of the does was about 140 150 couldn't tell but she was big ( to me anyways).
finally the little doe moved over to my bait and i was able to move. I set up on the biggest doe of the three and drew back said to myself ( relax carlos you did this before hunting boar) i put the 20 pin on her and she was giving me a quartering shot and i let the arrow go what a wonderful feeling to know you had made a good shot on your first deer. Now i have been told the when a deer comes in you start shaking and you have to calm yourself but it seem to be the opposite for me i could not stop shaking after i knew i have made a good shot on her. So i had to call my girlfriend just to talk to someone to calm myself down she didnt believe me when i told her that i got a doe because i was just texting her about being one with nature LOL it still makes me laugh. So we named my first deer nature. well thats the story of my first deer ever.....

I know i will remember this hunt forever.

Here is a pic of her its not a very good pic i was using my camera phone and it was getting dark

Oh thats the exit not where it entered