HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how to find wounded deer
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 10:26 AM
uncle matt
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: how to find wounded deer

ORIGINAL: philippi957 I always faced with the trouble of trying to find a wounded deer but never find it. Can anyone offer any ideas on how to fix this problem.
Ah mud flinging frommetro, uh I mean bigcountry at old uncle matt. Funny stuff there.I know phil didn't post in crayon, but it still reads the same. "I always faced with the trouble of trying to find a wounded deer but never find it. Can anyone offer any ideas how to fix this problem."

Couple of words stand out there in hispost. A-L-W-A-Y-S &
N-E-V-E-R. Those words deal with absolutes.

I beleive that my advise will help him avoid this problem he has ALWAYS been experiencing and hopefully make it a problem only occasionally but ideally never a problem again. The best way to deal with a problem is don't let it be a problem in the first place, right?

If teaching better blood trailing of poorly hit animals is your idea of hunting or fixing the problem phil descibed - what ever floats your boat.

I hope no one took my comments as arrogant and I don't think it was. That is what I teach - if you don't think you can place the shot and quickly take the animal, wait or let it walk.

I cringe at the thought of someone beleiving that because they are a good blood tracker (or have someone available that is) that that is justification for taking poor/unethicalshots or flinging lead or arrows. I will never condone or teach such a thing.

And no my chest doesn't stick out any more these days without great effort. The muscles to do that have moved south.