HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Summit Open Shot tree stands??
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 05:39 AM
MichaelT.

Default RE: Summit Open Shot tree stands??

Never used that partivular model, but in the past, in my younger days, I used a hand climbing model. It was not too bad. Fairly easy to get used to , but I will say that it is easier in a stand up sit down unit. A good type of unit, one that I fell in love with the idea of, was the old man tree stands. They produced a Grand ol' man that had a built in gun / foot rest ( it would filp over depending on which way you wanted it ) Archery or Gun, and the mesh seat was very comfortable. The problem is, they ran into cash problems and such and wound up in bankruptcy. The brand kind of died, but you can see it ressurected almost exactly,now, as a gorilla treestand. I have not bought one, as I am older now and use more tower and ladder stands, but I have still heard some good things about them. You can buy rests to hook to them, to secure a gun or bow in, while you are climbing, and be perfectly safe.

All in all though, I would say that in relation to your inquiry, as far as I can help, I perfer a stand up sit down type of climber. If you could find one of that type that you liked, I really believe you would be happier..... but that is just one mans opinion.

Good luck and God Bless