HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - got 82 pound doe, and attacked by an anti'
Old 10-10-2006, 09:42 AM
ahunter55
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: got 82 pound doe, and attacked by an anti'

Having been in this sport 50 years (this year) & on local, state archery boards, owned 2 shops/lanes for 15 years, Archery/Bowhunting column writer, speaker on Bowhunting & a few "Special" harvest Bowhunts I have been exposed to a variety of attacks over the years.
best thing is to just hold your tounge as they are clueless to anything about ANY wild animal or what we as hunters contribute to the well being of what we are hunting.
I came into my office (many years ago) & there was a drawing of a Doe with an arrow in her & Xed eyes & baby standing next to her with a tear coming down it's face & saying I was a ruthless killer. It took me about 2 weeks to track down the person & he was the head of our sales dept. (pretty big position) & I was a lowly asst. Ad mgr. at the time. I gathered a considerable amount of literature & walked into his office & put it on his desk & asked he read it BEFORE judging me. A week later he came in and apologized & said he had not the slightest clue about hunting or wildlife. Just that they were neat to watch. Education is our best tool, not arguing. Good luck this season.