HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wildview Extreme 2
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 07:19 AM
cmscat50
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wildview Extreme 2

OK, I went and bought one of these this weekend. I took and strapped it to the same tree with my Cuddeback Excite. I was VERY careful to point them both the same direction and aim them both on the same "plane."

Conclusions. Almost every one of my Excite pictures are PERFECTLY centered. No garbage. I had about 25% of my Wildview 2 pictures blank. The Wildview has a 4 second trigger. If I walked very slow I was in the picture.

The positive of the Wildview is that the sensor has a much wider field of view than the Cuddeback. Though the trigger is about 3 seconds slower the unit would go off only about 1 second after the Cuddeback. Still in some cases it was too late.

Picture quality also goes to the Cuddeback. The Wildview was definitely more grainy. Still a pretty sharp image of the object (me), but not super sharp like the Cudde.

So I returned the Wildview. I am very anxious for the next couple years. I'm certain that we will have $75 cameras that perform as good or better than the 1 second trigger $300 Cuddebacks that we have now. We are already very close with the Wildview.