HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Has anybody ever hunted out of a boat?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 07:23 PM
uncle matt
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Has anybody ever hunted out of a boat?

I did it once. The fella I was in the boat withgot all excited when we were nearing shore of a small island in the Little Bear Branch River and he saw some does and a real nice buck down the shore a bit. He was so struckin with buck fever that he went and shot a hole in the bottom of my boat, causing the deer to all flag on off. I happen to notice the arrival of our newly arriving swimming pool. But fortuneatly I had the mind and fore thought to quickly put not one equal hole in the bottom but two drain holes. Why two? Because you have to be able to let the water out faster than it was coming in, right? ( See I am one of the sharper knives in the drawer, eh?! This head ain't just a hat rack! )

Now before you neh sayerspipe up you should know that my thinkingworked and saved us from surely swamping the fine vessel! Because we barely made it to shore under full 15hp throttle before she wedged on the floor about 10 feet from shore! We barely got water over our boots wading to shore!

After we were recued from certaindeath by the Coast Guard and DNR, I latersold the boat. The fella I sold it toseemed kinda amused at the one inlet and two drains.As he gave me the $50 and was ready to drive away he told me, "Youshould have gotten a model with the built in emergency drains."

Go figure.