HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lee
Thread: Lee
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 09:48 PM
Solitary Man
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lee

Except for one cartridge I reload for, the 7.65mm Mauser, I use the Lee collet neck die forall my resizing. I'd use it for the Mauser too except for the fact they don't makeit for that cartridge. I'll never use conventional neck dies again as long as the Lee collet die is available.

The only problem I've encountered with thecollet neck dies is that they sometimes come with excessive tooling marks and sometimes even burrs in the areas of the collet sleeve and collet "fingers" where they slide against each other. These areas are critical to the proper performance of this die. Therefore, when I buy the Lee die the first thing I do is take it apart and polish (using up to 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper) the collet sleeve opening and the tapered area of the collet "fingers". Then I apply a little dab of grease around the sleeve opening and reassemble everything. I have found this to guarantee proper functioning.

The only other Lee product I have is the Perfect powder measure. I think it does a really good job and is a real bargain. It looks and feels cheap, but it really works well.