HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Poison Ivy
Thread: Poison Ivy
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 05:12 AM
metalback

Default RE: Poison Ivy

You're 100% correct on the Jewelweed!!! It works great....and super fast!!! I just picked a load of it down by the Cosatot a few days ago and boiled down enough for 6 medicine bottles full for in the fridge. And I packed vacumn bags 16 inches long full of it and vacumn sealed it and put it in the freezer for future use. Can't get it in the winter here but it grows near the creeks and rivers in the summer months here in Arkansas. That beautiful orange liquid it makes when boiled down works like a champ!!!!! A buddy of mine boils it and pours it into ice cube trays and when he needs it he just grabs a cube and wipes it on the area...works great also. Jewelweed is the medicine the big companies don't want anyone to know about....they'd go out of business..... By the way, the orange flowers are the best to use. The yellow seems to be a little weaker...but that's just my opinion. Hope this helps anyone with poison oak, ivy, sumac, even chiggers and bites it seems to take the itch away like magic.....God's answer to poison rashes..... and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg!!!!!! It's FREE!!!!!!!!!