HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mule Deer, Aoudad, Hog & Turkey Hunts
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Cleaner1

Default Mule Deer, Aoudad, Hog & Turkey Hunts

My Godfather and long time friend Bill Carthel runs an outfitter/guide service (dba Silver Cloud Ranch) in the Panhandle of Texas. Bill is an avid bowhunter and 3D shooter. Bill has openings for the archery season & rifle season for Mule Deer , Aoudad, Hogs, and turkey. Bill retired from self-employment approximately 10 years ago and has been operating his hunting business since. Bill is a former pro baseball player and loves the outdoors. Bill runs hunts on 13,000 acres east of Silverton, Texas off the edge of the Caprock Escarpment. His hunts are guided and it is typically a one on two hunt (one guide too, two hunters). The area Bill hunts consist of rolling hills to areas with severe elevation changes. He runs 19 feeders. The hunts will be spot and stalk. He has some nice deer, good aoudad and some huge hogs. The turkeys are plentiful. The hunts are all fair chase with free ranging animals. Deer & Aoudad hunts include lodging. Hog and Turkey hunts do not include lodging, however you can pay a nominal fee for lodging on the hog and turkey hunts. He does have a two person minimum on the hog and turkey hunts.

I have been on the majority of the property he hunts and have seen numerous game animals. I can send pictures of animals harvested on his properties via email if interested.

Brandon Ray and writer for Bowhunt America wrote an article on hog hunting with Bill. You can view the article on Bowhunt America’s web site. Click on the following link and it will take you to the article. http://bowhuntamerica.com/index.cfm?...012D8D7E91B829

Why am I doing this for Bill? #1 Bill is a great person. #2, I am indebted to Bill and his family for introducing me to deer hunting and spending so much time with me in the outdoors. I spent the majority of my adolescent years with Bill, his family and my family hunting, fishing and enjoying the outdoors. Bill put me on my first deer at the age of 13. #3 Bill claims to be computer challenged.

If can email more pictures of game harvested off of the Silver Cloud Ranch.

Below is the pricing and contact information. If you have any questions, I will be glad to answer all I can. If I can not answer your question, you should contact Bill direct.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Pricing
Hog Hunts - $150 per day. Two person minimum.
Turkey Hunts - $ 250 per day. Two person minimum.
Deer Archery Hunts - $1500 for a three day hunt. Includes lodging.
Deer Rifle Hunts - $1800 for a three day hunt. Includes lodging
Aoudad Archery Hunts - $1500 for a three day hunt. Includes lodging.
Aoudad Rifle Hunts - $1800 for a three day hunt. Includes lodging.

Lodging for Hog and Turkey hunts is $25 per night.

Contact information
Silver Cloud Ranch
Bill Carthel
Silverton, Texas
(806) 847-2522
(806) 292-7390 cell
[email protected]