HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 22- Team "Mud, Blood and Tears" Official Thread
Old 09-07-2006, 05:00 AM
StumpJ

Default RE: 22- Team Official Thread

hey Team, how's everyone doing? I just thought that I should check in again.
I finally finished putting up my stands. I found a run that was as wide as highway going right by my acorn tree; I put a stand 15 yards from that. The acorns are already falling and they are hitting them hard around here.
I pulled my trail cams out on the same day; a lot of pics of small bucks and one pic of a huge bodied 11 pointer (I'll try to get it posted later on).
I also got my AxisFMJ arrows ready to gothat I have been looking two weeks for. It turns out that there was a local pro shop 10 miles away that carried them. I would have look there first but the guy screwed me on setting up my Old Glory and I really didn't want to go back to him.
I had a guy dump some top soil on my lawn and the conversation turned to hunting like it always does with me. He gave me permision to hunt 12 acres inside city limits that hasn't had anybody one it for five years; I'm going to check it out later today to see if I can find a good tree to climb.
By the way, my season starts October 1st, September has to be the longest month of the whole year.
Good luck guys, more later. Steve