HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Calling all DIY' ers, got a ???
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 03:02 PM
BareBack Jack
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Calling all DIY' ers, got a ???

Well heck Shato you got 1/2 the battle won.
5 is good now all you need is 3 pack saddles and panniers,or you could tie your own packs(I like panniers).Get your self a good 10x12 wall tent,some cots,a good stove and you are about set.

You can get away from the crowds,but it depends what time of year and where you go.I can go to the Belts for instance and pitch a tent in the middle of November and not see anyone Tues.- Thurs,but when Friday,sat,and Sun roll around it's campers and atvs all day long.But thats be side the point all they do is drive the roads and as far as some trails go.I get out and few hours walk and I don't see a soul.It all depends on where you go and what time of year,like Thanksgiving.It's the last week and EVERYONE is out and about.I try to be done by this week,cause I have family that wants to hunt then and it is hard to concentrate on your own tags when others wanna go over there or here or what ever.
There are some good areas around(camp and ride in or back-country)the Bob,Scapegoat,Cabinets and Absorkas that offer some camping and hunting from,but you have to do some scouting to get good spots.I like to go in the middle of the week and set my stuff up and hunt.
If you ever get over this way,I could show ya some spots around the Belts,not as pristine as the back country but as enjoyable.
BBJ