HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hill Country / Rock Springs, Texas
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 02:45 PM
DaveC
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hill Country / Rock Springs, Texas

ddeblance, when you say you are lubing the cam are you just placing some light oil drops on it (does it have the exposed hole?)

Either way that is only a temporary fix. You need to have the axles removed; clean the axle, limb holes, hole inside the cam and then lube the axle with a white lithium grease (or something else with substance) at least that's what I watched a pro shop do to my squeaky bow.
Since then I've done this myself a time or two and it has worked to keep the shaft & axel lubed. BTW a pro shop should do this for cheap- back then I paid under $10.00

I'd just hate to see you loose a shot at a huge buck like I did[:'(]. I was trying to draw slowly (stand too exposed) and every time I'd get it a 3rd of the way back he'd jerk his head and stare my way, lookingfor the cause of the noise. Fourth time he had enough and left.

Scents? like I said before this is my 1st year on this lease, but one of the lease members & friend has hunted the area a lot (just sold ranch up the road) and he said as a cover scent to break some cedar and rub it around on ya before you head out. Then break a branch or two when you get on stand I know it is very pungent from clearing shooting lanes last week. He says he has had deer all around him from doing this.

Calls, a can call and a grunt tube never hurt. If I get boardI hit each about every 30-45 minutes. I can't say it has ever done much for me though. Gives me something to do I guess[8D].

Scents- I'm a sucker for tinks -69. But I try to hold off any tricks or gimmicks until the rut is near.