HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help with Deer Cam Purchase
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 06:14 AM
DougMD
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Help with Deer Cam Purchase

Go here and read up on them. They have a camera review section, and a discussion forum on game cameras...

http://www.chasingame.com/

A few things to consider are how much you have to spend,what features you want on it, and how long it will "soak" between visits. I got the Stealth Cam WD3 per the recommendation of the site owner who's job is simply to compare and contrast the many digital game cameras out there. I plan to get an extra battery and memory card so I can swap them out at the camera and take back the card to look at the pictures at the cabin.

They found that the cuddeback trigger speed is best, but it only took about half of the pictures of other brands, including Stealth, because its SENSOR for detecting gamedidn't seem to be as good. If the camera will be located at a feeder, a second's difference in trigger speed may not be asbig an issue as detecting the game. Also, cuddeback does have a bear safe box, whereas you won't find such protection from other makers, and have to make your own if you are in bear country.