HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions on a stand?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 08:58 PM
Hotburn76

Default RE: Suggestions on a stand?

Well my one friend that moved here from IL used to hunt a swamp. He has many big racks on his wall at home. Hetold me that he hunted a fifteen acre swamp in a woods that had a small, I mean a small 10'*10' island in it. He said that it was only about 12 to 18 inches deep and he would wade out to it and sit on a homemade chair and wait for the big boy of the season to come back and bed down. He said if you did not know how to look you would not see the deer bedded down, but would climb a tree and check to see if the buck would be home or not. If the deer was their he would just leave since their is no way he could stalk that close in the wide open water and not be seen, but if the buck was gone he would wade out and sit in his chair that he made that would not sink into the mud in the cattailsand ambush the buck on they way in to bedding spot. He said it was like a spot they must fight over cause all his bucks were nice size, not all B&C but not small six pointers or anything. He said he took all his bucks every year off that island. He almost turned down the promotion that he got by coming to myplant because of this site. So I have never hunted a swamp but he still cries about his old honey hole.

edit: spelling