HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tenderloin Sammich.............
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 09:03 AM
uncle matt
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tenderloin Sammich.............

The place for reciepes istitled CAMP COOKING.

But as far as tenderloins and straps go, these are the fillet mignon ofvenison!

No way I would do a sandwich or breakfast omelette or anything with them.

I worship them and prepare and serve them as beautifully as possible. I set the formal dining room's grand table with out finest china. I then re-polishmy Great-Grandmother's fine silverware (whether it needs it or not and put on my formal dining apparel.

After I'm seated I usually have a small, ever so slightly chilledchalet of chardoney -consumed entirely before the chill warms off, just to settle my pallet.

Then the violinist stays in the foyer just out of my sight and plays some of his beautiful composures as the butlerstarts servingmy precious black peppercorn encrustedtenderloin with thick brandy and plum sauceaccompanied withthe freshest, slightly firm asparagus, slightly glazed with fresh roasted & minced garlic crusting. Long grain rice. Several freshly baked breads right from the oven, topped with fresh butter churnedfrom the milk of the finest of our veryown dairy cows.

Viola!

After dinner I will retire to the gardens whereI will enjoy another much larger chalet of chardoney (or two) witha cigar from my private collection.

Ishall remain in the gardens for several hours reflecting on the hunt, watching the birds flutter in and out of the various fruit treesand berry bushes. How marvelous their flight is.

Then I shall have Jeeves draw me a large bath. I will slip into my bath ti finish my cigar as the girls scrub the day from my body. It is then to my sleeping quarters where I shall drift off to sleep without brushing my teeth so that I may discover little secret treasures of the remenants of the peppercorn and revele in the flavors ofthe meal past!

Sweet dreams indeed.