HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - YOUR 2006 HUNTING TRIP
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 10:53 AM
rather_be_huntin
Typical Buck

Default RE: YOUR 2006 HUNTING TRIP

I've got three hunts planned.

First one is my muley hunt. I'll be headed to Southern Utah and hunting right along the Colorado border. Last year I shot my first archery buck in this year. There was a ton of young to a middle-aged bucks. We've been doing some scouting in this area and the bucks are there. I'm really looking forward to chasing them around. My hunt starts on the 19th!!! Woooo-hoooo!!! I'll be shooting my PSE baby-G, 70 lbs., Gold Tip arrows tipped with Muzzy 100 grain 3 blades.

Second is my elk hunt. This hunt is the first week in October. It's an any weapon hunt so both my bow and my Smith & Wesson 7mm Rem Mag with 175 gr partition handloads will be going along. The bulls should still be buglin and can be called. I called a couple of bulls close last year but not quite close enough for a good bow shot. I may or may not get the rifle out this year. We'll see. I don't have any elk meat in the freezer right now and my mouth is watering thinking about a juicy elk backstrap.

My third hunt is an anterless elk hunt. This hunt starts in October and runs through January. This will be a meat for the freezer hunt.

Can't wait for em all. I didn't draw my limited entry elk tag or my moose. Maybe next year. Happy backstraps to everyone!