HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - MT Mulie Unit 291-50
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 07:19 PM
fdunford

Default RE: MT Mulie Unit 291-50

Dirt2,

Thanks for the long reply. I will print it an consume in detail. I already contacted the MT FWP and am on the mailing list for the block mgmt list.

I'll also call the FWP in the coming weeks and see if I can talk to someone who knows the 291 area. Perhaps your right and they can give me some help also. Lord knows we'll need it - not knowing the area. We should get there Thursday night, so we'll have 2 days to scout the best we can. Not ideal I know - but we are working stiffs and have to hold a job

My plan is to start out hunting a mulie right off, hence we'll focus on 291. If we see a good elk, we'll take him without a boubt. We already decided we'll pass on spikes and cows (if we hunt any units where we could take them).

Thanks again and let me know if you think of anything else.

We are somewhat concerned on getting out an animal after its down. What do you think our chances are of finding/hiring a local with horse to help get it out? What would be a good rate to offer for their services.

Our other thought is to go into town an buy a one wheeled deer cart and haul it out that way (but hiring a horse is prefered).