HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how many firearms do you reload for
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 08:34 AM
HighDesertWolf
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how many firearms do you reload for

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Too many. I currently load for6 pistols, and about 13 rifles. I load for a few people, but thats going to stop. I learned my lesson. One friend actually blamed my reloads last year on why the bullet didn't perform well. He shot a deer at 20 yards in the shoulder with 130gr gamekings kickin at 3000fps with a 270win and it ran for 150 yards.

Recently got me a 460SW I am pretty excited about loading for. A few of them I think I have made the decision to stop loading for. One is the 30-30win. I just use the gun to practice my offhand shots, and let the wife shoot. The other is 204ruger. I am getting .7MOA accuracy with factory ammo and I need one gun I know is zero'd so when I need to shoot something long range I can.

I am terrible tinkerer. Once I find a load a gun likes, I don't stop, I find another load, and another. So rarely is too many of my guns zero'd. I zero them before going on a trip, and load up two box's of ammo for it. I just get bored easy and then trade and start this cycle all over again.

I think at 20 yards if it was a buck I would have necked it, if it were a doe well you know.... but we dont talk about that shot on this forum.