HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how to sight in Remington 1187 26" special edition with extended rifled sabot choke tube?
Old 08-01-2006, 09:30 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: how to sight in Remington 1187 26" special edition with extended rifled sabot choke tube?

I mean no offense and am not belittling you. But you sound as if you may have limited experience. Nothing wrong with that. I first suggest getting some foster type slugs. Maybe sluggers and do alot of practice to get a feel of what you can and cannot do. Good cheap ammo, and works great. Second, do you have rifle sights or a bead? If you have a bead, all your going to be able to get effectively is 30 yards. I have hunted with a bead before, and the bead takes up the whole side of the deer at 40 yards. If you want to go beyond that, tru glow and several other companies offer sights for a gun like that.

If your going to be hunt alot with shotgun consider a rifled barrel. I got one for my 870, 1187 and now use a browning gold. I never used a scope for years until the last 5. Still use my 870 with rifle sights if I know I am not shooting over 60 or so yards.

With a smooth barrel, you can really benefit from the foster type slugs.