HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wierdest Thing That Has Ever Happened To You in the Woods
Old 07-20-2006, 10:42 AM
Trembow

Default RE: Wierdest Thing That Has Ever Happened To You in the Woods

ORIGINAL: LaHoytguy

ORIGINAL: Illini_Sportsman

Short and sweet. Shotgun hunting two years ago over a big cut hayfield in the evening. As daylight has run out and we are all beginning to exit our stands (4 people all around this field), we all hear this absolutely blood-curdling, high-pitched scream. It's only about 75 yards back behind me in the timber, but everyone hundreds of yards away hears it clearly too. I live in south-central Illinois my friends, and unless this was a unique bird of some sort making a weird vocalization, there is absolutely nothing in my woods that makes this sound. I put a pretty firm grip on my 12 gauge and walked backwards a good ways with 100% of my focus on the sound's origin until I met up with the guys to leave.
Arnt panthers known to scream like that? I have heard they sound likea womans scream.
Screetch owls. They sound like a woman screaming "Noooo" while being crushed by an elephant. It's a horrid noise.