HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wierdest Thing That Has Ever Happened To You in the Woods
Old 07-19-2006, 09:38 PM
LaHoytguy

Default RE: Wierdest Thing That Has Ever Happened To You in the Woods

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

Last year.....(not very exciting, but 'strange').....I got off work early to get into my favorite area to bowhunt. It's about 3:00pm....and I get into a good tree with my climber. I get up to about 20'......and retrieve my bow from my haul line.

I've never felt it before....but something didn't feel 'right'. I began to feel REALLY uncomfortable. I climbed down.....and decided to change locations. I left the climber there.....and went over to where I had a lock-on located. I climbed up......retrieved my bow....and sat down. Again....this VERY uneasy feeling came over me. I fel like something was telling me to get out of the woods. I climbed down......walked by to retrieve my climber.....and walked home. It was broad daylight....beautiful......and I was afrad something was going to happen. It was a VERY strange feeling that I'd wish on no one.

I've never felt that way since then. I just knew I had to get out of the woods that day.

Jeff
Well I dont blame you, I have read too many stories about people who have had the feeling and acted on it and are alive today because they did so. I know if that ever happens I am going to listen to what ever something is tryin to tell me. The way I look at it is, the very least nothing happen, you stay there, have a horrible trip worrying the whole time. Worst case something going wrong and not making it out of the woods. A deer is not worth my life. I will take the chances and go home. I have heard these stories mostly from cops where they just had that gut feeling about something and were right. Animals have instincts, wouldnt it make since we do too??