HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wierdest Thing That Has Ever Happened To You in the Woods
Old 07-18-2006, 02:31 PM
Dairy King
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wierdest Thing That Has Ever Happened To You in the Woods

Not very exciting either but odd. Early season last year, I was sitting in a wood ladder stand. And from my right I hear some noise, and finally I see a coon come trotting through on the path that I had taken to get to the stand. Well, he keeps walking, then he just stops right in front of me and turns his head and looks right at me. I didn't make a move the whole time he was there, because I didn't want to spook him, I wanted to watch him. Then he turns and walks straight towards the stand all the while either looking at me or up the tree somewhere. So I stand up and swing my arms and I throw a stick at him to scare him off. He finally turned and ran back where he came from. I dont know why he followed my exact trail to my stand even where I turned to walk towards the stand. Since its a wood stand, I wouldn't doubt it was gonna climb it or the tree and since it was broad daylight he was probably sick. Now that I'm thinking about it, it could have been the pee I had on my boots, I dont know.