HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - have you noticed broadhead performance on all the new hunting videos
Old 07-18-2006, 07:41 AM
Davoh
Fork Horn

Default RE: have you noticed broadhead performance on all the new hunting videos

ORIGINAL: Xtremebone

If you seen all the new Drury DVD it looked to me to be about 50% on Pass-thru or not.
But I do have to say and Mark says it all the time big cutting power 2in" his big six he called it which really had 10 points, but any-way that arrow looked to only go in 8-10in but the hitdeer made a half circle and dropped 20 yards from the tree.
I think that is just as good as having a 1inch or less hole from a fixed and having the deer run 100 yards or more with/without a blood trail.
Just for the sake of debate, I offer that the distance the deer runs is less a result of broadhead type and more a result of the hundreds of other circumstances surrounding the shot. Terrain, deer's nervousness prior to the shot, is he on a familiar trail? Too many to list.

Just because it'sa hoyt doesnt mean they're shooting 70# and 300fps, they, like many other pros may be shooting 55# @ 240fps. *shrugs* heck if I know. There is no telling what the case may be.

But I'm still going to shoot fixed blades.