HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Made the decision; Now Need Help
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 09:18 PM
Charley

Default RE: Made the decision; Now Need Help

Actually I wasn't kidding. If one does a search on Charley, his favoriate topic is defending the Lee trash. All the way to 2004, he was singin the praises. Its just hard to believe anyone that loads more than 1box of ammo a month couldn't see the problem with a lee rig. Especially one who has been loading as long as he claims.

So anytime somebody recommends skipping the lee press, he is like a guarantee to show up defending it. He took a little longer than usual to respond this time however. Hence, somebody got thier feelings hurt. I have had several people who I have gotten setup reloading thank me for steering them away from Lee.

LOL! Wow, I leave for a bit, and find I have urinated mightly in somebody's cornflakes! Iguess diaper rash makes you cranky.

Lee doesn't need any defending from me, neither does RCBS, Lyman, diloon, or any of the other equipment I have on my bench. My opinions are based on, at this point, 31 years as a handloader. I load for 38 centerfire cartridges, 23 of them rifles, from .223 to .577/450 Martini, and 15 handgun, from .32 ACP to .45 Colt. I shoot about 3500centerfire rounds a year, roughly 2000 handgun and 1500 rifle.I don't say my way is the only way, I do try to give suggestions about what works for me.

When a new guy wants to start handloading, and says, "I want to start handloading, but I am on a pretty strict budget", how can you tell him "TSMF, either drop $400 or don't even bother"?

Tell me, BC, just what is your experience level? How long have you loaded,for what and how many?

It really doesn't matter what you think about Lee, or what I think about Lee. Truth is, Lee equipment is not as good as Richard Lee thinks it is, and not as bad as you think it is.