HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need help chosing a hang on tree stand
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Hollow Point

Default Need help chosing a hang on tree stand

Guys, I could sure use some help chosing a hang on tree stand. I'm new back into bow hunting.I hunted with a bow from the mid 70's with a Jennings Super T Hunter until the mid 80's witha Martin Cougar and eventually a High Country Eliminator.
In Washington state now you have to chose a weapon for deer and elk. For the last several years I chose a rifle for these animals andI have a bunch of good climbing trees all trimmed up for sitting. I used to sit on the branches with my rifles (ouch) but with a bow I'd like a shooting platform so I can shoot more consistantly.
So, onto my question. I don't need a climbing tree stand, I just need a hang on. I have narrowed my choices down to a Lone Wolf Alpha, a Summit Copperhead or a Ameristep Outfitter or Patriot (same name as mylatest bow).
SinceI haveseveral awesome trees already trimmed up I really like the idea of the receiver bracket on the Summit and Lone Wolf that allow you to hang a bunch ofstraps around the woods while only needing one stand. I also hunt in the mountains so lightweight (aluminum construction) is a must.
What do you guys think? Did a miss a stand that would work great for my needs?

Thanks for your input.

Hollow Point