HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Can I move cable guard out to clear blazers???
Old 06-26-2006, 11:50 AM
BGfisher
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Can I move cable guard out to clear blazers???

paka,

Cam lean is never good and with a dual cam you should be able to correct it. Not so with single cams. You do need a bow press though. What you need to do is twist up the same side of your yoke cable as the direction of the lean. Sometimes a half twist is enough. Sometimes as many as five complete turns. It all depends.

If it's more than one tuen you may be able to twist one side and detwist the oppposite side. The tricky part gets to be that depending on how much your cables are twisted already it doesn't take too much to knock the cams out of sync. Then you end up retiming the cams. It's not hard. Just a bit tedious at times.
I do this stuff all the time with lots of bows (Martin's) just to play around with stuff.

OH, and to check the alignment after you twist up a cable yoke all you have to do is use an arrow (straight one) along the side of the cam alone the string. The string and arrow should run parallel.

Just remember what you change. That way you can always change it back if things go haywire. I ALWAYS WRITE things down.

Help any?

Barry