HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - big carp problems
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 05:22 PM
chiefks

Default RE: big carp problems

Thank you all for the replies. I'm about 70% certain that penetration is why I lost those big fish.The remaining 30% could be shot placement. I've never got to see where I hit those big fish at, water blows up and they aretaking line!!I thinkmy arrow is shooting pretty straight, althought I don't think it is paper tuned. Heck most of my arrow's are missing or have the fletching tore up on them. Pass through shots on medium to smallgar have seen to that.

At roughly 55 lbs give or take, I wouldn't think draw weight would be a problem. I could switch over to my Martin deer hunting bow. It's a heck of a lot faster and might give better penetration.

That leaves 2 things I wonder about. What kind of tip do you recomend useing??? I never was very fond of the tips that came on my arrows, but they worked just fine on gar and small carp. I think that I could be shooting a tip that would help hold a big carp better.

The other thing is useing a jug. Has anyone ever tied the end of the line to milk jug or something and just let the fish run. Wear them out that way. I think they do that with big gator gar?

Are big carp less spooky at night?