HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Illinois Deer permits can be viewed now!
Old 06-19-2006, 06:20 PM
uncle matt
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Illinois Deer permits can be viewed now!

Well that seems good to me 25. There's no shortage of deer right here locally where I do 95 percent of my bowhunting. There's some terrific bucks and I would really like to harvest a tremendous one to show folks what roams just 10 miles outside the Chicago city limits. And if I'm forced to harvest a doe second season, no biggy, the herd can use thinning and the meat wouldn't be wasted.

Longrifle: If your showing "pending" when you go to the DNR site that's most likely because your application was received or filed after the first lottery deadline of April 30th. Just go back there and check like you previously did and scroll down to see if you are in the second lottery with the August 14th deadline I believe. You can also check to see how many remaining permits there are for the county you chose after the first lottery's permits have been issued. Good luck to you and your wife.

I forgot who messaged me and asked why I go into the lottery and don't just take advantage of the landowner tags but..............

my wife gets the landowner tags and me and the boys draw tags because then we're able to hunt on the other properties we have access to in Johnson county.