HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Your opinion of cz-usa rifles
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 06:46 PM
mightyoakwildlife

Default RE: Your opinion of cz-usa rifles

I don't have heaps of experience with them, but my limited use (452 in .22 LR, 550 Amer. in 9.3x62, brother has 550 Amer. in .22/250) has been outstanding! As to the one post concerning the reversed safety direction, I bought my 9.3 in '05 with the safety as we are used to here in the States. I was told by the dealership where I bought it that all American models now have the "American" style safety (push forward to fire, pull rearward for "safe").
You have to realize that you won't get custom-rifle fit & finish on these, but you will be getting something that matches or exceeds the workmanship of the Marlin, Mossberg, Savage, etc. Typically, the quality is about as you see in the "Big Three", with their entry level models. The accuracy, in the three I have shot extensively, has been very good to excellent, forproduction "general purpose" rifles, not geared toward target or varmint shooting. Triggers are a bit scratchy, but clean-up nicely. If you like the commercial Mauser actins, these are some of the better ones.