HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What are your groups like at 30 yards? Be Honest!
Old 05-04-2006, 02:25 PM
FLHunter

Default RE: What are your groups like at 30 yards? Be Honest!

I find some of the boosts of accuracy here pretty huge! After many years of shooting competitive archery, I've never seen accuracy at the supposed level claimed by some here. The fact is there are very few 300's shot in indoor competition with pin sights. I would venture to say that most here have never shot a 300, especially under the tournament stress.

In field archery the 30yd target with a 35cm bullseye is one of the most difficult targets to score a 20 (4 arrows per target 5 possible points per arrow) which is a smaller bullseye than the indoor target.

No doubt there is a big difference between shooting target archery and hunting. But the fact remains that if you can't hit what your shooting at your hunting skills are wasted. I find it courious when I hear some hunter saying "I don't shoot dots I'm not good at it" and in the same breath say "Put hair on it and I never miss". How is this metamorphosis going to all of a sudden take place if you can't shoot a stationary target in the first place. News flash a target is a target be it foam, paper or hair.