HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - South Carolina Birds
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 10:33 AM
huntsc

Default South Carolina Birds

I am new to the boards as far as posting goes. I wanted to sharea pic of three late season South Carolina birds. The guy on the right got his first that day. I love introducing people to hunting.
Look real close at the jacket he is wearing.
We metup Opening Morning at a place called "The General Store". He walks up with brand new ScentBlock jacket and pants on. So stiff they look look like the hanger is still in them.He also had onUnder armour cold weather long sleeve camo shirt underneath but we didn't know this til that afternoon. To top it off, he was wearing heavyinsulated pac boots.(He sounded like an elephant in the woods). All this in April in South Carolina. A day that reached an aboveaverage 87degrees.
In case no one realized he had never turkey hunted. He walked into the store, on Opening Morning, and loudly pronounced to the lady at the counter, "I NeedSome Turkey Tags!!!"
It may have been the funniest thing I have seen. The looks he got were funny too. It gave me and my other buddy something to ride him about. That might be what I enjoy the most. The stories we have to tell for years to come. God knows my dad and unclesripped and laughed at me a lot while bringing me up in the woods. We nicknamed our friend, "Iditarod", because of his clothing and boots. He has arrived. Killed his first turkey and garnered a nickname.
I enjoy your stories. Hope you enjoy mine!!!