HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - found out pheasants are back how to keep
Old 05-01-2006, 05:03 AM
Sean english

Default RE: found out pheasants are back how to keep

Good to see that there are people like you are out there who believe in ''Getting something for something''' and not always'' something for nothing'' How about doing some stocking in your 50 acre. Wont hurt. And I think if you got some wild birds, its good cause the new ones maybe learn a few things from the older ones. And of course cutting down on the coyote population will help but I wouldnt do that. They are a part of the scene. I am all the way here in Germany , My girlfriend lives up north where you can shoot Pheasant from her kitchen window. I was just comming back today on a train. Just by looking out of the window, I must have counted about 20 roosters and 10 deer.Incredible. From what I see over here, if people dont bother them, they have no problem with adapting to human presence ,comming and feeding even in your back yard. . But cant wait to get back in a few months and start my chuckar season in the High Deserts of California