HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NAME YOUR FAV. HUNTING VIDEOS
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 10:07 AM
Talondale
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NAME YOUR FAV. HUNTING VIDEOS

Well, Proff, my idea wasn't so much an expose' or embarrass the pro concept, as a chance to have a pro come look at your hunting situation and show you how they'd hunt it. Granted, video pros have the prime pickings as far as hunting locations but that's just to insure they have a source of income the next year. They have to produce 8 or more impressive kills a year, and on film! I know they have to hedge their odds to stay afloat and I don't begrudge them that. I just can't relate to hunting in those kind of areas. Heck, I can't relate to some of the areas you guys hunt (hello cornbelt hunters ). I know I've gone to some places that seemed a walk in the park to hunt compared to my usual hunting grounds. My thoughts are it would be fun to have a pro review your area and compare notes with. Several times I've wondered "What would *insert respected pro of choice* do in this situation?" If nothing else, just to see if we'd agree. I'm not sure I'd want him to come and shoot the best buck on the property though. LOL. I think a lot of the video pros had to pay their dues before they got in front of a camera. From what I know, they were either 3D pros, writers, Calling champions,or had a number of good record bucks under their belt on their ownbefore they got a shot in front of the camera. (or owned, or worked for, the company sponsoring the video. LOL ) So most of those guys had it hard before they were on "easy street". Still, give them credit, when the big buck is there and their LIVING is on the line (double pressure), plus national criticism (miss that easy shot and every trade show for the rest of your life people are going to ask you how you could possibly miss that shot) and they get the job done.