HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What is the best 175HP outboard???
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 05:38 AM
HighDesertWolf
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is the best 175HP outboard???

heck yea go with the Etec, on my 1999 Tracker pro team 175 I had a 50 horse mecury on it which was a good engine untill i began having lower end problems, thinking I would like a 4 stroke I got a 50 horse honda. with the 4 stroke i got better gas mileage but I lost 5 miles per hour off my my top speed and it would take forever it seemed to get on plain I wasnt really any happier with a 4 stroke, to be honest I was really missing the 2 strokes performance. then a year later evinrude comes out with the Etec the infomercial I watched sold me onto it. this winter I sold that 4-stroke and bought a 50 horse Etec I took it out this weekend for the first time. I didnt pay much attention to the fuel mileage but id say its about the same as with the 4 stroke. where i noticed the best improvement was my top speed and getting on plain the Etec had about a 10 mph improvement over the 4 stroke, my top speed I was getting was just a hair shy of the 35 mph mark where with the 4 stroke i was getting just a hair shy of the 25 mph mark.
and getting on plain was awesome it seemed to take just a couple seconds to get on plain instead of what seemed like atleast 30 seconds with the 4 stroke.

what better can you ask for, the Etec gives 4 stroke effeciency with 2 stroke performance. Gundigest dont waste your time and money on 4 stroke im telling you you will absolutely love your Etec.