HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Don't apply for quota hunts if your not going to go
Old 03-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Don't apply for quota hunts if your not going to go

Funny story david and yeah those things happen and using this season as a learning tool won't hurt a dang thing. Usually when you shoot a gobbler and if there is another one with it, the other one will start kicking the crap out of him to get the hen. I was also thinking of bowhunting them, but instead of using a broadhead, use one of those rubber blunt tips on it with a paintball on the end of the shaft and maybe I can post a picture of the turkey I could of had. I'm not sure if the fish and game dept. would frown on that for possibly harrassing wildlife violation.
Kevin, quota means they only allow 300 permits to be issued for hunting the turkeyhere. There is a lot of turkeys around here but they congragate in flocks of a couple dozen only in certain areas and they do need to be thinned out but then again in some other areas here, they need to be reintroduced. Not only hunters but predators is another reason why they have to keep a limit. Good luck this year.

Bobby

Bobby