HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why such a controversy over 3 1/2" shells
Old 03-29-2006, 11:38 AM
StrutnBPS

Default RE: Why such a controversy over 3 1/2" shells

ORIGINAL: River Hunter

I keep reading these posts about people saying that they dont use 3 1/2" shells b/c they "Kick too much". The way I look at it is, that if I have a big old Longbeard strutting into my decoys, the last thing I am thinking about is how bad it is going to hurt when I pull th trigger. In fact every bird I have shot has been with a 3 1/2" shell and I can say that I dont even remember pulling the trigger let alone the kick.
Amen Amen brother!

Its like some of them "look down" on hunters that use 3.5'' shells. I've NEVER felt the recoil of ANY gun while shooting at a deer, turkey, ducks, or anything else.

Shooting at paper you feel it more, but the 3.5''s aren't like a RPG like everyone says they are.

Like I said in the other thread. I bought a 3.5'' gun just to shoot 3.5'' shells. So, I am going to shoot them.

What really gets to me is some comments like "call them in closer". This is bs b/c just like i said in the other thread, I've never shot a turkey over 30-35 yards.

Yes, a 3'' shell will get the job done. But you know what? So will the old paper shells that my grandfather used to shoot when he was younger. So, why doesn't everyone just use them?