HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - largest trout to date...
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 11:21 AM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: largest trout to date...

thanks guss....i wanted to get a pic but cold water....in the hip boots..i had to move and warm up and the excitement got to me and i forgot...i think they did have 4 wings......i dont think they were BWO...they were pretty decint sized bugs...i think a size 12 or 14 would matched their size...but my size 16 or 18 blue dun seemed to match them well...and they have a bigger bulkier wing then anything else i had...although my friend did catch one on a BWO i gave him...looked like the next best thing because of the dark body..tomarrows supposed to be 66 and sunny...something should be hatching...if it aint somethin i got you can see the orvis fly shop in the background of my pic! lol...kinda expensive there...like 2 bucks a fly....but if thats what it takes i dont care lol....and they are all hand tied good quality flies...i think dry fly fishing is a good teacher...you can see your fly...and the line..and i am already learning to mend ect to get a better drift...i hate to say it...but we need some dang RAIN!!!!!! im sure we will get it soon enough....but everything is low and gin clear right now...i love this fly fishing stuff...i plan to get better and more proficient at it....i think if i buy better line i should beable to cast better....though my rod is crap too....i can pick that up down the road....my friend had a reel almost 400 bucks...and a reel that was almost 200....and GOOD line...that thing casted with EASE...but i think the line made all the diffrence...his is more of a hard plasitic silky smooth line....mine is like...rubber on the outside..i think that keeps my line from shooting freely....if nothings hatching tomarrow ill try nymphing and streamer fishing......i have yet to catch fish on those...but i havent really tried.....i had a fish swim at my BH pheasant tail yesterday till i was the smart one to switch to a dry....man i love dry fly fishing.....that wasnt my first time dry fly fishing....late may theres a hatch on a sewer creek that gets stocked...and fish rise like crazy in one hole...i pound them on adams....they wont take anything else..i tried....not even a misquito..which i thought looked almost like an adams....them are smart fish for being stockers...cant wait to catch some more...im spoiled now....my normal little fish are going to seem so....little to me now lol....but i rather catch a bunch of small ones then hunt BIG fish and be dissappointed all the time....this state doesnt have much to offer in the way of big trout fishing.....they stock 2million pounds a year or so across the state......but they are 7-12 inchers with the exception of golden rainbows and a few breeders and the occasional hold over.....that fish i caught yesterday was a fresh stock i believe..though the colors are good it had cut on its nose......man that was awsome..i cant get over it!!