HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - largest trout to date...
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 10:29 AM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: largest trout to date...

im actually a good sized guy...5' 10'' or so...210-220 depending on what i ate that day ...them pics truely doesnt do the shear thickness and football girth of that thing justice....it wasnt the longest fish in the world...but a beauty and a fatty...youd have to be from PA to TRUELY appriciate that....the normal stocked trout is 7-12 inches long....14 inchers used to be my bigguns for the year.....i could really careless on the size..just wondering....its a trophy to me....and on a fly rod....i really dont know why them guys were nymphing while there were bugs falling on the water and fish rising and eating them like they are starving...i dont know much about flyfishing but ill take risers any time....im curious as to know what exzactly WAS rising...the blue dun matched it pretty good...but i think they may have been little black stone flys...but i dont think they were coming OFF the water...seemed like when the breeze blew they fell INTO the water...and when it got sunny more appeared....neat...im hooked..cant wait for tomarrow..think im heading back...the creek is hit HARD...daily....its well known and open all year because its delayed harvest artifical lures only.....and its been nice...so more guys are getting the itch..and its one of the only places to fish till the season opens......just made me proud as heck to catch fish when noone else was...and to hear some of these guys been all over the country...all over the state fly fishing ect...figured they could keep up with a 19yr old that fly fishes once a year with a 40$ rod and reel combo!! lol