HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Drawlength Wingspan/2.5
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2006, 08:56 PM
extreme1
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Drawlength Wingspan/2.5

If you are measured 66.5 inch wingspan and you divide it by 2.5,like most people do as a starting point then I come up with 26.6 or better yet a 27 inch draw.
You stated that the tech at the shop said it looked O.K to him,sounds like he didnt want to go to any extra lengths to set you up properly.
If you feel like you are over drawn,as you feel you are then by all means go to a "NEW" shop where you can get properly set up.
Only you can tell where your comfortable anchor is,usually string touching tip of nose or anchoring on the jaw bone.
Do yourself a favor and get it set up properly,you will only find yourself more accurate and forgiving in the long run.

In case you are wondering,I am almost 5'10 inches tall with a wing span of 69 inches and my draw length "comfortably" is 27. Technically speaking it equals out to 28 inches .
I have shot my bows at 28 inches for years and had no problems with them,and just as accurate as my 27 inch draw,BUT,when the temps drop and I am all bundled up in my hunting cloths,27 seems to fit me like a glove