HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?
Old 03-15-2006, 06:51 PM
Madeline

Default RE: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

this a pointless argument. here in md you can bait deer. i have baited deer in the past and still do some times.people say its so much of a advanage but it really isnt. sure you will see a lot of 1 1/2 old and does and yearlings. most of your older bucks dont hit it intil after dark. honestly the most baiting i do is in the off season any way.also dont tell me that putting corn out in the winter months dont help the deer some.anything is better then nothing. sure there proably better things you could put out corn still helps. also people who say food plots arent a from of baiting i would like to here that reasoning. for instance think about a late season hunt with snow everywhere and your hunting over a standing soybean or corn feild baiting. i would think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe if you wont to kill does and immature bucks baiting mite help you. but for the mature bucks its a different story because i would have more on my wall. far as pasting 170 class bucks over bait i need to move buy you.!!!!!!!!!!!